Deeplex® Myc-Lep is an innovative culture-free solution for the prediction of Mycobacterium leprae drug resistance. Directly usable on DNA extracted from skin biopsies and slit-skin smears, it uses targeted next generation sequencing (tNGS) to simultaneously predict (hetero-)resistance of M. leprae to anti-leprosy drugs and identify strain type for epidemiological tracking.
Available as a kit or as a service, Deeplex® Myc-Lep represents a complete solution which facilitates the management of patients with leprosy and enables the control and monitoring of antibiotic-resistant M. leprae strains.
Deeplex® Myc-Lep Workflow
- Extraction of DNA from a clinical sample (step not included in the kit)
- A single-reaction multiplex PCR performed to amplify:
- 7 drug resistance-associated leprae genes
- 1 gene for mycobacterial identification (hsp65)
- 18 canonical SNPs
- 11 core VNTR markers
- PCR product clean-up and library preparation prior to sequencing
- Sequencing data analysis using our automated pipeline
Upon request, the Deeplex® Myc-Lep assay can be performed on your samples at GenoScreen. This service includes all steps, from DNA extraction (optional), to the reporting of results.
Get fast, easy-to-interpret results for effective management of patients infected with leprosy.