Genomics provides new ways of understanding, characterizing and protecting the environment by measuring, for example, biodiversity and genetic evolution. It notably helps researchers to understand how microorganisms, animals and plants interact with their environment.
Genomic analyses provide new environmental solutions that maintain profitability while protecting natural resources:
- Developing microbiological tools for the management, monitoring and remediation of polluted sites.
- Providing more effective, ecological control methods or biological treatments.
- Predicting the appearance of infestations and the dispersal of insect pests.
- Monitoring the impact of construction work and urban development on biodiversity.
- Monitoring, conserving and adding value to the natural genetic diversity of species.
GenoScreen - Services provided
GenoScreen has developed specific solutions for the environmental sector:
- GenoSNP® for polymomorphisms identification and genotyping (SNP-like genetic variants).
- Population biology tools (GenoSat®).
- Microbial ecology analyses (MetaBiote®/ WHORMSS®).
- The quantification and monitoring of specific genes and species.