The advent of next-generation sequencing technologies has revolutionized molecular approaches aiming to describe the diversity and taxonomic composition of a microorganism-containing sample. In fact, this type of analysis used to be based on the analysis of the rRNA16S and rRNA18S/28S genes using PCR amplification, cloning and Sanger sequencing. These approaches were time-consuming, fastidious and, often, provided information only on the most prevalent microorganisms in a sample.
Today, targeted metagenomics and microbial profiling approaches performed on NGS systems are replacing older methods and are generating far more sequence data per sample than could previously be envisaged.
GenoScreen - Services provided
Our methodology is still based on the targeted analysis of ubiquitous genes (rRNA16S, rRNA18S/28S, ITS1&2), which are now directly obtained using next-generation sequencers.
In addition to a taxonomic analysis, our teams can offer more in-depth outputs (beta diversity, phylogenetic trees, etc.).
Metabiote: the benchmark in targeted metagenomics
GenoScreen has developed a standardized, optimized metagenomics technique that incorporates all our expertise. Metabiote® limits methodological bias and thus enables comparisons of microbial diversity across cohorts of samples :
- Limited PCR biases during sample preparation
- Guaranteed repeatability and reproducibility
- Integrated quality controls throughout the process
- Fully automated data analysis
- GCLP compliant protocol
- Pioneer in NGS technologies in France.
- Ten years of experience in the field of targeted metagenomics.
- In-depth experience of many initial matrices (stools, skin swabs, etc.).