The metatranscriptome corresponds to the whole set of genes and functions expressed (i.e. the transcriptomes) by the microorganisms in a sample.
Metatranscriptomics opens up many fields of analysis:
- The identification of expressed enzyme functions and metabolic pathways.
- Comparisons of gene expression levels between samples or experimental conditions.
- The identification of microorganisms involved in the expression of metabolic pathways of interest.
GenoScreen - Services provided
The GenoScreen teams can investigate the initial matrix by extracting all the RNA produced by the microorganisms present in the sample.
The library preparation methods are then adapted to match the research objectives and the nature of the initial matrix:
- For eukaryotes
- Specific enrichment of poly(A) mRNA.
- For bacteria
- Removal of eukaryotic poly(A) mRNA.
- Subtraction of very strongly expressed ribosomal RNA.
- Full project support, from the collection of the initial samples to the preparation of RNA-Seq libraries.
- Customized sequencing strategies (depending on the number of samples and the sequence length, etc.).
- 15 years of expertise in RNA analysis.
- Expertise in transcriptomics.