Molecular metagenomics is used to analyze a community of organisms as a whole; as such, it provides an exhaustive assessment of a complex ecological niche. It is a powerful, innovative approach for characterizing the genes and thus the biological functions in a given microbiome.
Metagenomics has many advantages:
- Removal of the bias associated with PCR approaches
- Culture-free analysis and direct sequencing of microorganisms
- The functional description of a whole ecosystem
Metagenomics and human health
Metagenomics and the environment
In credit to its very detailed analysis of microbial communities present in the natural environment, metagenomics can be applied to the analysis of water quality, the development of biofuels and agrochemical products, soil remediation and the development of new practices in agriculture and animal husbandry.
GenoScreen - Services provided
- A dedicated team of expert scientists for each project.
- Assistance with developing the experimental plan and the sequencing strategy.
- Massive whole metagenome sequencing capacity.
- Exclusive bioinformatics tools.
- Cutting-edge scientific expertise for data exploitation (specially in the field of microbiology).