Conventional microbiology methods are sometimes limited for MO identification. GenoScreen offers solutions through molecular microbiology techniques: for until species level MO identification, we invite you to target genes of interest listed in international databases to help you identify your species:
- Bacteria (ADNr16S)
- Yeasts and fungi (ADNr 26S, région D1/D2)
- Cyanobacteria (ADNr 16S/23S, région PC-IGS)
- Microalgae (ADNr 18S, région ITS1-28S)
- Atypical mycobacterium
QC molecular identification
> Quick and validated bacterial identification to the gender or species*
- 16S rDNA sequencing with quality-controlled IQ/OQ equipment
- Alternative method validated by the European Pharmacopea (§ 5.1.6)
- Use of certified database (Microseq®, Applied Biosystems®)
Classic molecular identification
> MO identification*
- 16S rDNA (or other gene) complete sequencingwith quality-controlled IQ/OQ equipment
- Use of international databases
*Identification to the species: identity >99% on 16S rDNA (Stackebrandt et al comitee, 2002).
Identification to the gender : identity between 97% and 99% on 16S rDNA.
Identification using specific target
GenoScreen studies your project and offers its expertise for identification using specific target.